PHOTOGRAPHS BY JONAS JUNGBLUT STYLING BY DANNY SEO
LADY IN RED
• We’ve said it before: The multi-generations of leather makers at Orox know what they’re doing. Their oil-tanned, American-sourced leather is exceptional; it wears and looks better the longer you touch, feel, and use it. This petite Merces bag ($175; oroxleather.com) is the ultimate in minimal form and maximum function. We love it!
ALL WRAPPED UP
• Hand-printed in Oregon and all-American made, this Filson silk scarf ($95; lson.com) is created with a process that produces fade-proof vibrant colors. It’s generous in size (36” square), and destined to become a wardrobe classic.
• If there’s a perfect scent, it’s this one: Palo Santo ($45; olofragrance.com). Our go-to perfumer Olo Fragrance mixes coconut oil and absolute oils to craft small-batch scents that need to be whiffed to be understood. For years, Palo Santo has been referred to as “holy wood” because healers believe it can cleanse, purify, and protect the spirit world. Captured in this modern scent, it also smells divine.
SLIP AND SLIDE
• Tanneries in rural India use only botanicals—no chemicals—to tan water buffalo hides for these Mohinders sandals ($145; mohinders.com). Handmade, breathable, and flexible—it’s the perfect footwear to pack for any warm weather exotic destination.
PRETTY IN PINK
• Codigo 1530 Rosa tequila ($59.99; codigo1530.com) is the leader of the pack. It’s created when mature agave is aged in uncharred Cabernet barrels in Napa Valley. The pink hue is an all-natural bonus. Bottom line: It’s one smooth sipper that tastes as if a fine winemaker ventured south of the border.
• Yes, it’s a splurge. But we promise it’s worth every penny—or in this case every drop. Rodin’s Olio Lusso face oil ($170; net-a-porter.com) features eleven powerful extracts that will transform any complexion. And it’s scented with a complex blend of geranium and orange blossom. Just a dab of this face oil will do ya.
SKIRT THE ISSUE
• Maine’s Mount Katahdin was the inspiration for this pleated skirt ($74; llbean.com). We think the marriage of Mother Nature with L.L. Bean’s much-loved poplin dress silhouette is brilliant. Classic. Stylish. Gorgeous.
AFFAIR OF THE NECKLACE
• The design inspiration for this Aurora tassel necklace ($225; acajewelry.com) comes from the sun rising over Angkor Wat in Cambodia. Now you don’t need your passport to experience beauty that sublime. The necklace is made with vintage beads, hand-wrapped silk tassels, and 18K gold-plated sterling silver.
• The Filson brand has eschewed fashion trends in favor of a timeless, well-made, built-to-last ethos that dates all the way back to 1897. But in the Filson world, classic doesn’t mean dowdy. Case in point—this Filson suede hobo ($575; filson. com). It’s the best of both worlds: It behaves like a workhorse, but is pretty enough to be a show pony.